Sunday 18 September 2011

ARTIST TRADING CARDS: 
Sending someone a mix tape...

Some of you will know that I got into running an ATC swap group on the Hand Embroidery Network at the beginning of the year and we do swaps that run over 2 a two month period. For those of you who don't know an ATC is usually 2 and a half inches by 3and a half, and for our group has stitching involved.   The September/October swap theme is 'music' and after much deliberating I was reminded of my teens when I used to make mix tapes for my friends. I've also been a bit nostalgic for cassette tapes lately so this design was a perfect fit for me.
I like using blackwork in my ATC's because I can set myself up on the sofa at night and stitch away... and I find the stitching of the patterns really theraputic! A bit of me time, if you like. I like this design so much that I'm thinking of turning it into a kit for others to have a go...

If you'd like to see more ATC's from our group you can see the gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment